Purpose and Mission:
The Don Bosco Early Childhood Bilingual Summer Program, with the support of parents and bilingual educators, helps to prepare immigrant children with the development of listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in two languages, Spanish and English.
State-level Standards for Early Learning and Bilingual Education:
• The Don Bosco Early Childhood Bilingual Summer Program’s curriculum and instruction are based on the New York State Early Learning Guidelines and New York State Bilingual Common Core Initiative’s Language Progressions for Home (Spanish) and New (English) Languages.
• Teachers have masters’ degrees and certifications in the fields of early childhood, bilingual and multicultural education, literacy, and family programming.
DB-ECB Summer Program Information:
• Starts: July 9th, 2018
• Ends: August 3rd, 2018
• Days: 8:00 A.M-12: 15 P.M., with lunch (12:00 P.M. parent pick up)
• Requirement: Parent (s) must be present for parent class, either on Tuesday or Wednesday, starting at 10:00 A.M. until 12:00 P.M.
• Location: Early Childhood Classroom in the basement of the Corpus Christi School
• Address: 136 South Regent Street in Port Chester, NY 10673
• Cost: $50.00 per week; deposit of $50.00 per child
• Consideration: Space is limited to 20 students, Ages 3-5 years old; admission is on a rolling basis
• Registration Contact: Martha Sud
Email – email@example.com / Office- (914) 939-0323/ Cell. – (203) 561-9782
One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two languages open every door along the way. -Frank Smith